• The River Valley Cycling Club hosts four group rides per week open to the public. Tuesday rides start at Fort Chaffee, Thursdays at Beef O’Brady’s and Sundays from Cisterna Market. There is also a women’s-only ride each Sunday at 5 p.m. at Fort Chaffee. Rides are often divided by ability levels, including no-drop rides for beginning road cyclists. Visit Facebook.com/RiverValleyCycling.
River Valley Golf Association upcoming tournaments. Call (479) 639-2350 for more information.
• April 9 Shadow Creek in Sallisaw.
APRIL 14-15 — Choctaw Country Club in Poteau will be having a 3 man scramble. Entry fee is $150 per team with all cash payouts. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. both days, the number of flights will be based on the number of entries. Call (918) 647-3488 or (918) 839-0155 for more information.
APRIL 18 — The Vache Grasse Ladies Golf evening league begins.
APRIL 21 — Little Creek CC will host a 2 person Free Toss Tournament at 10 AM. It will be $40 per person with cart not included. There will be a meal after play. Call Little Creek CC in Ratcliff (479) 635-5551 to register or ask questions.
APRIL 21 — Greenwood High School Golf Team 3 person scramble at Vache Grasse Country Club with 9:30 Shotgun start, entry fee is $150 per team (mulligans included) Cart is not included lunch will be served. Call (479) 996-4191 to sign up.
• Deer Trails Golf Course Saturday 9-hole scrambles will have a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Everyone invited. Members $5 plus cart fee. Non-members $25 includes cart and greens.
• The Trailblazers Hiking Club is dedicated to enjoying the outdoors in the Ozarks and Ouachita Mountains of western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. The club leads several hikes per month. Visit www.thcfs.com for more information or call (479) 646-9562.
APRIL 13-15 — 16th Annual Duboise Electric Racquetball Pro-Am Classic Presented by Langston Drug Store held at World Class Fitness in Fort Smith. Please enter online at r2sports.com. Online registration open until April 10 at 9 p.m. Mail entries must be postmarked no later than April 9. Mail entries to Dann Schwinger, 7900 Meadow Drive, Ft Smith, Ar. 72908. Make check payable to: Dann Schwinger. Phone entries will be accepted through April 10, no later than 9 p.m. (479) 462-2813.
• Anyone interested in umpiring fast pitch and or slow pitch this spring and summer come by the Ben Geren Softball Association’s office at the softball complex on Saturday or Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. and fill out information form. We will be taking them until April 4 or call 479-646-9517 or 479-926-9987.
• Sallisaw Sports Complex Tournament Schedule 6-U Tball, 8-U CP, 10, 12, 14-U GFP USSSA Ballpark Paul Marshall (918) 774-0664 Facebook Sallisaw Tournament Softball.
April 14 — Battle of Sallisaw for Double Points Open
April 28 — Hit, Throw, Catch any ???? Open
May 5 — B Class Ball Bash
May 19 — Double Points Double Fun (Class B)
June 2 — Border War
June 23 — Summer Softball Daze
• The Fort Smith Boxing Club for youth boxers is forming. The gym is located at 1525 May Avenue. For more information, call Harold Corley at (479) 646-0876.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Paris boxing program is open to boys and girls, ages 8-18. Cost is $10 per year. A member of USA Boxing, the team has three weekly workouts from September-May and attends tournaments on the weekends. Call (479) 963-3577.
• Ben Geren's couples league will be starting on Thursday May 3rd. Couples will play each Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. $25 per couple. Snacks and drinks will be served after golf. Everyone welcome to attend. Call (479) 646-5301.
• Ben Geren Men's league will meet each Tuesday at 5:45 p.m. to play a 9 hole format. $20 entry fee to join the league. Call pro shop at (479) 646-5301 to join and sign up.
• Deer Trails Men's Golf League starts March 28 at Chaffee Crossing. Call Pro Shop about membership (479) 478-6971.
• Deer Trails Women's Golf League starts April 3 at Chaffee Crossing. Format: A, B, C, D,-4 lady 9 hole scramble. Start 6 p.m. Sign up at Pro Shop (479) 478-6971.
• The Ben Geren Softball Association is currently accepting player signups for our Bambino (t-ball) Division. This division is for 2-4 year olds as of Jan. 1, 2018. The deadline for entry is March 25, 2018 at 4 p.m.. Visit our web site www.bengerensoftball.com for more information or to download a registration form.
• The Ben Geren Softball Association is accepting registrations for Adult Teams. The deadline for men and women’s teams is April 18 at 4 p.m. with preseason tournament to be on April 20-21. We are also accepting adult coed team registration until April 25 at 4 p.m. with the preseason coed tournament being April 27-28. The adult season will start play the week of May 7.
• Anyone that is interested in umpiring Fort Smith area high school fast pitch softball can call (479) 252-2136 or (479) 414-2114.
The Sports Calendar runs free in the Times Record each Monday and daily at www.swtimes.com. Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries are not accepted over the phone. Business advertisements are not eligible for the calendar. The deadline is Friday at noon.