The Lonoke County Library Board of Trustees met for their monthly meeting on March 6.
Patricia Schafer, Judie Bariola, Melissa Bulice and Sheila Rice were present for the meeting. Adam Simon was absent.
In her director’s report, Deborah Moore said that the Arkansas State Library Board of trustees approved her to receive scholarship assistance at their Feb. 9 board meeting. Reimbursement of $450 per hour from the Arkansas State Library will go directly to the Lonoke County Library System. The first reimbursement will be for nine hours. Moore said she will apply again for an additional six hours of reimbursement at the end of the 2018 Spring Semester.
Moore also told the board that she planned to appear at the March Lonoke County Quorum Court Meeting to present the 2017 Statistics, Strategic Plan and a request to place revenues received, but not previously anticipated for from Arkansas State Library for reimbursement for Scholarship Assistance. She will be asking to appropriate $4,050 in reimbursement into the training and education fund. In addition, she said she will be asking to appropriate an E-rate reimbursement of $5,472 from the Universal Service Administrative Company into the other miscellaneous fund.
By unanimous vote, the board authorized Moore to appear before the Quorum Court to appropriate the reimbursement from Arkansas State Library for scholarship assistance in the amount of $4050 into fund 3008, line item 3101 and appropriate the $5,472 reimbursement from the Universal Service Administrative Company for E-rate fund 3008, line item 3100.
In other business, Melissa Bulice gave a presentation on Google Suite, its set up and how she uses and navigates through it at school. Jason Wilson also gave a presentation of why the Lonoke County Libraries should integrate Google Suite into their system. The cost of using Google Suite over a three year period for 36 users is $12,960. The system currently used by the library system, costs $19,006 over a three year period. Google docs would save the Lonoke County Library System $6,406.60 over a three year period.
In a unanimous vote, the board authorized Google Suite Platform to be integrated into the Lonoke county library system.
Also during the meeting, the board unanimously approved to:
- Accept the financial report of the millage fund with a balance of $425,074.70 and the sales tax fund with a balance of $521,184.30, as of Jan. 31, 2018.
- Apply for AUTIS Grant in the amount of $2000 per library, for all four branches.
- Close all four branches of the Lonoke County Library System on March 30 for a Staff Development Day.
- Accept the Saturday Work Policy that was presented to the board by Kathleen Ashmore.
- Allow Deborah Moore to get a credit card for Arlene Cherry Memorial Library, for online purchases.
- Add to the computer policy information to patron computers, so that it will shows up on the screen before use.
The next board meeting will be at 5 p.m. May 8 at the Marjorie Walker McCrary Memorial Library.