Faulkner County has been awarded federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/ Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board program.
Faulkner County has been chosen to receive $39,969 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) be private voluntary non-profits or units of the government;
2) be eligible to receive Federal funds;
3) have an accounting system;
4) practice nondiscrimination;
5) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs; and
6) if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
To apply please go to www.uwcark.org/efsp-35
FUNDING PERIOD Phase 35: Pending
Applications will be completed via www.uwcark.org/efsp-35 no later than May 25, 2018 by midnight.
A Local Board made up of local government, non-profit organizations and United Way of Central Arkansas, et al, determine how the funds awarded to Faulkner County, Arkansas are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds made available under this phase of the program.