A philanthropic organization dedicated to improving life for the citizens of Phillips County is calling for 2013 grant proposals.
Virginia White Joiner, director of the J.J. and Beulah White Foundation, states that any non-profit entity with a 501c3 status is eligible to submit a grant proposal if they were not awarded a grant last year.
All grant proposals must be submitted to Rex Kyle no later than March 1. Foundation directors Barbie Washburn, Helena Halbert and Dick Hendrix will be more than glad to answer any and all questions regarding the grant proposals.
Grant proposals should include:
• Name, address, phone number and email address of the organization
• Primary contact of the organization
• Tax ID number and proof of non-profit status
• Detailed explanation of the project, its total cost, benefit to the organization and its impact on Phillips County
• The proposal should include any drawings, photos, renditions, schematics or any other media, which will help the board understand the project or plan
Mail the proposal to Rex Kyle, Bank of the Ozarks, P.O. Box 8811, Little Rock, AR 72231.
Joiner, the daughter of J.J. and Beulah White, established the foundation in 2010. The Whites were long-time residents of the Helena-West Helena area. J.J. and Beulah White in 1984 and 1991 respectively.
“Through the foundation, my parents continue to impact Phillips County with their charitable endeavors,” Joiner concluded.