Goal : New fiscal policies approved and implemented by Sept. 30, 2010. Result: Completed. Policies were approved in July, blessed by an accountant, and going forward.All transactions and reports will follow the financial policies
1. Goal : New fiscal policies approved and implemented by Sept. 30, 2010. Result: Completed. Policies were approved in July, blessed by an accountant, and going forward.All transactions and reports will follow the financial policies.
2. Goal: For membership Year 2011, the percentage of businesses that join will be 20 percent higher than 2010.
Goal: That 90 percent of still-extant members renew from year to year. Result: Too early to say but first goal may be difficult.
Interesting stats about 2010 membership
3. Retention: In 2009-2010 kept 70 percent of members (some blanks in records). Growth: Members last year : No more than 108 (some blanks in the records)
Current members: 161 (31 joined since June)
Possible members: There are about 700 total non-farm businesses in Phillips County plus 100 to 200 farmers and countless individuals on the C of C radar screen.3.
4. Goal: The Chamber will receive and successfully process at least 1,000 Welcome Center-related requests each year (including Phillips County. Result: On track. From July 8 through October 25 (82 workdays or 31.5 percent of the year), the Chamber had a total of 396 contacts that were successfully processed. The sources were: phone, 237; e-mail, 122; and walkins 37.
5. Proposed goal: By Dec. 31, 2011, the Chamber plans to have been featured in at least four positive regional (Little Rock, Memphis pieces whether television, radio, or newspaper.
Results: On track. Already received positive press on two occasions as a result of Chamber efforts:
•TV: “Talkin’ Outdoors with Steve “Wildman” Wilson on Aug. 28 – includes a 3-minute non-stop block talking about the great things Helena-West Helena has going for it and a plug for two local businesses.
•Radio/TV: The hosts of “The Show With No Name” on 103.7 “The Buzz” took a fishing trip to Helena Harbor, raved about it on their weekend show Aug. 28, and also talked about it on Monday during their regular segment on “Daybreak” on KATV Channel 7 Little Rock on Aug. 30.
•?Have secured approximately $12,000 in funding for proactive community image management through public relations (i.e. securing positive regional press coverage) and if enough funds become available may hire someone part or fulltiime depending on the allocated funds for this purpose.