Click inside for this week’s suggestions, which include watching “Unstoppable” or another movie, and celebrating World Kindness Day and Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day. Or check out these links:
- The big movies opening this week are the thriller “Unstoppable,” starring Denzel Washington; “Morning Glory,” with Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton; and the alien flick “Skyline.” All these films are rated PG-13 and look to be decent movies for teens and up.
- Veterans Day might have officially been on Thursday, but some places are holding events throughout the weekend to recognize our veterans. If you can’t find an event near you, be creative and think of a way to lend a hand to veterans in need.
- It’s another full weekend of sports fun: College football has been nonstop fun this season, and the action picks up Saturday; the NLF, NBA and NHL are in action; and the Major League Soccer playoffs continue.
- Today is World Kindness Day, so get out in your community and commit some random acts of kindness. Some groups will be sponsoring volunteering efforts, or you can check out your favorite charity and lend a hand. You also could make a difference simply by visiting a neighbor, baking a pie for someone or whatever you can come up with.
- It’s Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day, so do something that lessens your stress level, and then do something fun to lighten you up.
GateHouse News Service